Saturday, March 13, 2010

10 Miles courtesy of the Embarcadero, the SF Giants, and more.

Run date: Sunday, March 7, 2010
Run time: Late afternoon / sunset

For my last shot at a long run in San Francisco, I decided I wanted to run a long stretch of the coast. I set out from where I was staying, trying to work my way towards the Embarcadero, which is the eastern coast of the city. You'll notice on the map a couple places where I had to turn around because I failed to realize the city was on a huge ridge and I couldn't get down to the coast on those streets (see the ends of Chestnut and Lombard).

The journey was fun. I had intended to run down the curvy stretch of Lombard St, but it turns out pedestrians are confined to stairways on both sides. The traffic was probably moving slow enough that I could have run in between cars, but I decided to obey the rules.


I also ran down to the end of a pier, took a couple shots, and came back. Then I hit ATT Park, where the San Francisco Giants play. The statue of Willie Mays is pretty big.

The hills of San Francisco will kill you, especially if you are doing a long run. This 10 mile run felt more like 12 miles, so that put me right where I wanted to be.


View 3-7-2010 in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment