Monday, March 1, 2010

A Random Walk (Run) in Golden Gate Park

Run Date: March 1, 2010
Run Time: 3:30 PM
Conditions: Cool and Cloudy

According to the locals--more specifically, one local--the way to see Golden Gate Park is to move about at random through the winding pathways and roadways. If you find spots you like, you can return more directly later.

I needed to do a long run, since I hadn't done one for a while and hadn't run as much as usual since my last race. I decided to enter the park from the north and do a random walk. I'm not sure if my movement fit the Drude model, but maybe I will do a calculation in the next few days.


View 3-1-2010 in a larger map

There are several interesting treats here, like where I got turned around several times and lost another time. I particularly enjoy where I went around the huge outdoor track twice--once on the outer dirt track and the second time on the inner paved track. I also like the part where I'm a huge nerd, which is for the complete 11 miles until this moment.

 
Mythical forest.
  
Awesome.
  
  
Carousel
  
  
Track. I should figure out how to get inside.
  
  
Yum
  
This place was absolutely amazing. 
Fragrant, if you will.
Will you?
  
  
Oh hell yes
  
The fire swamp
  
  
You can't see the waterfall on the right side very well. Bummer.
  
It was pretty painful running up here, but it was worth it.
  
  
  
  
I was too scared to get a picture of the old Russian men playing dominoes and shouting at each other in Russian, but here are some turtles.
  
The end of the trail, naturally.

1 comment:

  1. I will fragrant, thank you.

    disappointed no foto of angry russian chess players. take the tampon out.

    ReplyDelete